Sunday, October 10, 2021

Monthly Blog Waddle w/ Stampin Stray Ducklings-- Theme: Grateful / Thanksgiving (Seasons Blessings Bundle Featured Here)......

 

I SHARE MY PASSION FOR STAMPS, INK & PAPER WITH A SPECIAL FLOCK OF LADIES CALLED THE "STAMPIN STRAY DUCKLINGS".  WHENEVER WE'RE TOGETHER, FEATHERS FLY BECAUSE OF ALL THE FUN WE HAVE!!

 

 

For this grateful/thankful card, I used the following color combo:

Cajun Craze, Vanilla, Garden Green, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake

Notice the "shiny" wicker basket/pot?  Here is what I did to achieve this look......

  1. I used vanilla card stock, and 3 different colors of ink-- Cajun Craze, Crumb Cake, & Early Espresso.  With the blending brushes, I started on the bottom of blank card stock & worked my way up to get a little bit of all 3 colors.
  2. Then I cut the basket (just barely enough) to eliminate a few holes and DID NOT poke any more holes out at all.
  3. Added some clear packing tape ON TOP to hold all those holes in place so no more would fall out.  Remember, a few blank holes is what I was going for here!!
  4. I just cut the excess packing tape off around the outside of the pot.
  5. Then I added some Espresso ink to the 2 handles of the basket/pot.
  6. Next step was to "fussy cut" an espresso pc. of card stock to go on the BACK so the empty holes would show through with the darker color.
  7. This might seem like a bunch of extra steps BUT I LOVE how this basket turned out after just beginning with plain vanilla card stock!!

 

Here are some StampinUP Products that were used on my creation:

--In Good Taste Designer Paper

--Seasons Blessings Stamp Set

--Seasonal Basket Dies

--Blending Brushes

--Brick & Mortar 3D Emboss Folder

--Linen Thread

--Double Oval Punch


The pictures don't show off the fancy basket very well, but if you have questions please let me know.  It was a couple fun techniques to try out.

Please check out my fellow "Duckling" friends' projects as well.  Simply click on the names to "waddle" along with us for more stamping inspiration!!  THANKS VERY MUCH!!  LORI




10 comments: