Monday, January 20, 2014

Starburst Sayings C.A.S.E. & Matching Framelit Dies

Sometimes we all just need a little inspiration, right?  Well, hopefully some of my card layouts and color combinations will inspire you.  It is totally ok to "copy & tweek" other card ideas, and I do it all the time.  Today is a very good example.......

The original card idea came from Cindy B. and she used a different color pallet and also the big background set called "Hardwood" which I don't have.  On my yellow pc. of CS I used the "Woodgrain" embossing folder instead.

I changed a couple other things as well, but the general layout is the same.  In the world of rubber stamping and scrapbooking, C.A.S.E means to Copy and Share Everything!  It is a great form of flattery I think, and I love it when someone wants to C.A.S.E. my projects! (yes, I do have some original ideas of my own).

At any rate, I'm loving the brand new Starburst Sayings and matching Starburst Framelits Dies from the Everyday Occasions Mini (pg. 34).  Of course you should all know by now (if you follow my blog on a regular basis) that I also LOVE Washi Tape!

I used the Retro Fresh This and That Designer Washi Tape for the 2 stars and also that strip in the middle.  I simply covered a pc. of CS with the tape and used the Circle Card Thinlits Die to cut out the stars (also Cindy's idea, but a very good one).

Thanks everyone for stopping by.  Lori Helvick




No comments:

Post a Comment