Saturday, December 7, 2013

Merry Little Christmas Stamp w/ Elf Gift Bag

This morning I would like to share a cute gift bag idea for Christmas.  (no I did not think of this myself, and no I cannot remember the name of the designer I got it from).

Anyway, one thing I thought of too late & after the fact, is that this little elf should have pointy ears!  If you want to copy this bag, try adding pointy ears of some sort to make this funny looking guy more "elf-like".

I used the Merry Little Christmas set of 3 shown on pg 27 in the Holiday Mini.  Just use markers for coloring the words and then you can omit the "s" in "yourself" to make 2 words instead.......your elf.

I used gumball green CS and ribbon and red CS too.  Also, red glimmer paper (pg 156-AC) was used for parts of the hat and shoes. 

The Big Shot Top Note Die was used for the shoes. Just cut the top note in fourths and then use a circle punch to make a hole.  For the hat, I inserted a pc. of green CS into the 1 3/4 scallop circle punch.  Just put the CS from the BACK of the punch and make the end of CS a scallop and then fold down to flop over.

Other punches used:  Word Window, Owl Builder Punch (circles).  I can't remember if I used the 1 3/8 circle or the 1 1/4 circle punch for the face.  Of course googly eyes add a nice touch as well.  :)

I used the Big Shot Framelit Die Chalk Talk to cut out the tag.  If you have the retired SU mittens punch, that would be ideal for the green mittens.  I did not, so I cut those out free-hand.  With a little creativity, we can make any project our own!

Please remember if you would like to duplicate this project, but do not have the exact same items I used, you can always adjust to items that you already have!!  PLEASE SEND ME A PICTURE OF YOUR VERSION, & I WOULD LOVE TO POST FOLLOWUP BAGS OR ELF CARDS MADE BY OTHERS BETWEEN NOW & CHRISTMAS!!

I LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR CREATIONS!!  IF YOU MAKE AN ELF CARD OR BAG EITHER ONE, PLEASE SHARE WITH MY BLOG VIEWERS!!

Thanks for your consideration, and e-mail pics to:  stampinfool2006@yahoo.com
All project creators will receive a small thank you gift from me!  :)

Lori Helvick



No comments:

Post a Comment